Hello! Thanks for stopping by my site and taking a minute to learn a little bit about me. I’m Ann and I would be thrilled to photograph your family doing the things you love together. I picked up a camera to help reconnect with my love of art and found a passion for capturing everyday life. Most people see mundane, day-to-day moments, but I see an opportunity to capture the details of what makes my kids and our family special at this moment in time. When I look back at old photographs, the ones that I love most are the ones that help tell a story, the story of my childhood. I love seeing the way the living room looked, all the treasures I had on my walls or carrying a well-loved stuffed animal. I strive to do the same with my personal work by providing my children with images that document their childhood beautifully.
Some other fun little facts about me:
- I love The Beatles. One of my favorite songs is Rocky Raccoon.
- I also love 80’s music, especially The Pina Colada song.
- I attended 5 colleges before I graduated from Appalachian State University. I like variety.
- John Hughes movies are some of my favorites ever made. Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are a tie for number one.
- I got a white Labrador Retriever as a college graduation present to myself. I named him Hunter, but called him Boo Boo. We had to say goodbye after 13 years together in August 2013 and I still miss him everyday.
I would love to photograph your family in your environment or doing something that is a family ritual, like going for donuts each Saturday morning or the weekly trip to the park. The image that embodies the essence of the people on the other side of my lens is what I aim for. I want to capture connection and authentic moments. My goal with my photographs is to provide a memory of the days gone by, so that you can look at an image and be transported back to that moment in an instant.